In Kirmakka holiday cottages the place is excellent for some outdoor activities, especially fishing and crayfishing. By the peaceful Koivujärvi-lake you can catch fish by angling and spinning. During the winter you can also try out ice fishing. Koivujärvi is known for its good fish- and crayfish stock.
During the fall you can freely pick berries and go mushrooming. You can also take a walk or run in the scenic and peaceful landscape. During the winter you can do cross-country skiing or make a daytrip to the hut in the close-by island and have a snack by the campfire.
Activities at Kirmakka holiday cottages:
- The rowing boats are included in the cottage rent
- Fishing- and crayfishing permissions are included in the cottage rent
- 3 canoes for rent, each 10 euros/day
- Electrical outboard engine for the boat available for rent, price 10 euros/day
- Gas outboard engine available for rent, price 10 euros/day + gasoline
- sleigh driving (sleigh pulled by snowmobile) on the lake ice 50 euros/hour
- driving on one’s own snowmobile on the tracks or on the ice
- Sleigh-go-round on the ice during winter
- Sledding during winter (children)
- Cross-country skiing tracks
- Community hut freely used in the close-by island
Please contact us and we will tell you more about the activities available
- Grocery stores, health services, library 33 kilometers away in Kiuruvesi (www.kiuruvesi.fi)
- Horseback riding in Hingunniemi farm, 40 kilometers way in Kiuruvesi (http://www.kiuruvedenratsastajat.fi/tunnit/)
- Golf course, 39 kilometers away in Pyhäsalmi (www.lakegolf.fi)
- Experience services and recreation equipment rental, 65 kilometers away in Iisalmi (www.ketunpolku.fi)
- Local events: (www.koivujarvi.com)
photo Jari Peltomäki
If you can hear the song of a black-throated diver in your home lake, you can be happy. You see, black-throated diver only stays and nests on lakes with a clear, clean water. You will most likely meet a black-throated diver in the shores of Koivujärvi, who flies diagonally in its fishing trips. Black-throated diver is fairly common in Northern Savo, which is also why it has been chosen as the official bird of the region rich in lakes.